Are You Passionate About Supporting Female Entrepreneurs?
The African Women in Technology Program for 2018 is made for two classes of women in technology – the Professionals: those building careers in companies and fields across the tech space and the Entrepreneurs: those building startups and companies from scratch in industries across the tech space.
Are You In Experienced Entrepreneur or Professional With recognizable Success in Africa?
Join us as a mentor either in person or online.
What Makes A Good Mentor?
Most of us have been positively impacted by mentors at some point in our careers. Whether virtual or in person, these mentors have encouraged, inspired and challenged us to think differently and with fresh perspectives.
The AWIT mentorship program aims to build up the next generation of young African Women in Tech. To achieve this, we need mentors who:
- Have a sincere desire to be impact the career of a young African woman in tech.
- Have at least 3+ years of entrepreneurial or corporate experience here in Africa
- Have experience dealing with younger adults
- Join the growing AWIT network across Africa
- Have the ability to see solutions and opportunities
- Are available to offer at least 3 hours per week with their mentee(s)
Mentoring with AWIT is an opportunity for connecting, learning and networking with the next generation of tech women entrepreneurs across Africa. Many mentors say that the rewards they gain are as substantial as those for their mentees, and that mentoring has enabled them to:
- Have fun
- Learn about the next generation of tech entrepreneurs
- Achieve personal and career growth
- Make a tangible difference in young lives, careers and businesses
- Join the growing AWIT network of entrepreneurs and professionals
- Make meaningful connections with other African leaders both in the entrepreneurship and corporate sectors
African Women In Tech Mentorship Mobile App
Networking, Mentoring and Learning is instantly accessible with AWIT apps. African Women in Technology event series, a product of IBOM LLC, was born out of a desire to connect, educate and empower women who are determined to advance their tech careers. We are dedicated to providing opportunities and a safe space for women to grow and lead in the tech space.