Our phones have gone from simply being communication devices to becoming deeply personal diaries and albums of sorts. We now use our phones to store our thoughts and memories and among the ways to do that is through storing photos in them.
However, sometimes you might not want just about anyone to have access to some of your photos. If you desire to hide sensitive photos from people, then, here is how to do it:
Set up a Locked Folder on Google Photos
The first feature is setting up a locked folder. To set up a locked folder;
- Open Google Photos
- Go to Library > Utilities > Locked Folder
- Tap Set up Locked Folder
- Then, tap Get Started and use the phone’s authentication method, such as fingerprint, password or PIN to access the Locked Folder.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the folder.
Moving photos to the Locked Folder
Once the Locked Folder is set up, here is how to move photos into it:
- Open the Google Photos app and then go to Photos
- Press and hold on an image you want to hide. For multiple photos, once you long press one image, it will select it and also give you an option to select more photos.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top right of the page.
- Select Move to Locked Folder and confirm it. The photos will be tucked away in the Locked Folder. Note that you can also do the same for videos. However, for a single video or photo, click on the media file and then swipe up for more details. Then select Move to Locked Folder.
There you have it – a simple way to hide sensitive photos on your android device. Other ways to hide photos can be found here. Note that hiding the images is different for the Google Pixel phones from Pixel 3 onwards.