- Mentoring Her is accessible to girls from 13 years and above
- The mentorship program is exclusively online
- Women get to meet established mentors with extensive experience
The world of mentorship means that you are often looking for accessible and easy to reach mentors with whom you can connect with easily. Enter Mentoring Her.
Mentoring Her is a mentorship program for women which aims to connect mentees to their mentors in a fast and accessible way – virtually. Mentoring Her is an online platform which helps women make meaningful connections with other women in various industries. Through this building of communities, women looking to get into any career get to learn from their mentors, all without travel expenses on either sides.
“Mentoring Her breaks down barriers of access, time, travel, geography, age, race and socio-economic status,” says their website.
How Mentoring Her Works
Mentoring Her bring together like-minded women and helps connect the more experienced women with their mentees, thus helping pass down their wisdom to those entering their careers.
To, join Mentoring her, you simple need to complete an application. Within 72 hours of application, you will get a welcome link, which you can then use to complete your Mentoring Her profile. Once your profile is set up, you can then begin to look for mentors. You now have a possible strong support system from whom you can learn from and most importantly, find community in.
Also, writers have an opportunity to write for Mentoring Her.
On the other hand, becoming a mentor on the platform requires a lot more qualifications:
- You must be 21 years and older (though those between 18 and 20 will often be assessed on a case by case basis)
- Hold an associate’s degree or more
- Be willing to commit at least 30 minutes a week for 1 year virtually
- Be ready to spend time listening, advising and sharing your experience with the mentee
- Be willing to participate in periodic assessment surveys