We once again come back to more shortcuts to help you save time on your computer.
Our computers (and phones) are capable of a lot more than what we understand of them. For many of us who aren’t tech enthusiasts to the core, knowing the basics of the computer keyboard is all we need to function properly in this life.
However, there are some shortcuts on the keyboard that you should know about. Here are some of them:
- If you want to hide or show the desktop at once despite several windows and tabs being open, rather than minimizing the tabs or windows one by one, you can simply click the key with the windows icon + D (Win + D). This will instantly minimize all windows and tabs at once and also maximize them when pressed again.
- If you have several windows or tabs open and want to work on two of them side by side, selecting Win+ Left/Right Arrow should do the trick.
- If you are working on several windows or tabs at once and want to switch instantly between two of them, no need to reach down to your mouse or trackpad. Simply click Alt + Tab; this will switch tabs in an instant.
- If you are working on something confidential, then someone comes over, and you don’t want them to see it, simply click Win + L. This will instantly lock your computer.
- If you want to select and copy a large text all at once, then simply click Ctrl + A, which will select all the text, and then Ctrl + C will copy all the text. If you want to cut the text, after selecting all of it, then click Ctrl + X.
And there you have it; simple shortcuts to make your typing life easier.