Are you a woman interested in Tech? Are you entering your final year of a Bachelor’s degree or enrolling in a Master’s or PhD Programme or its equivalent?
If yes, then the Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) is for you.
The Generation Google Scholarship is for women who are pursuing computer science degrees and excel in technology but also want to become leaders in their field.
Selected students stand to receive a 7,000 EUR (or local equivalent) award for the 2024-2025 academic year.
To qualify for the Generation Google Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- You should currently be enrolled full-time as a student in a bachelor’s program at an accredited university or college for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Or you should have the intention to enroll and have been accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field
- Have a good and strong academic record.
- Display great leadership skills and have a passion for improving representation of minority groups in computer science and technology.
The scholarship application is not yet open but is set to open early this year so stay up to date and not miss the opening. However, keep in mind that you will need to hand in the following when applying:
- General background information such as contact info and current or intended university
- Resume or CV (in PDF)
- Academic transcripts from your current institution (in PDF)
- Responses to two short answer essay questions.
Generation Google is aimed to increase women’s representation in computer science so if you are a woman who wishes to make a change in the field for other women, this is your opportunity.