For all the value that email brings to us, there is no doubt that spams are some of the worst things on email. Thus if you are tired of all these spam reaching your inbox, below we look at ways to block an email address.
Blocking Emails on Gmail
With Gmail, it often does a good job of sorting out your mails into the right places. However, some unwanted mails might still find their way into your inbox. If this happens, here is how to block an email address.
- Open the message from the sender.
- Click More (three vertical dots on the top right on your PC), then select Block ‘Sender’
- A popup window will appear, asking for confirmation. Click Block an Email to confirm.
You can also unsubscribe from items by following this guide.
Blocking on Outlook
If you use Outlook, here is how to Block emails on Outlook.
- Go to your inbox.
- Select the message from the sender you want to block.
- Hover the cursor over the toolbar. You will get several options. Select Junk or Spam. Then click Block an Email
- Confirm the choice by clicking OK.
However, note that you will need to do this on the PC as Outlook mobile app doesn’t have a block option.
Blocking on ProtonMail
ProtonMail might not be a very popular mail service, but it is one of the most secure providers, with an effective spam detection system that automatically blocks spam. However, if junk still filters through, here is how to block them.
- Open the ProtonMail inbox and open Settings.
- From the menu, select Filters. Then search for the Block List Option under Spam Filters.
- Click Add.
- You will get an option of whether you want to block an individual email or domain. Add your option.
- Enter the address or domain.
- Click Save
If you are using Yahoo, here is a guide on how to block spam on there.
So, don’t let your inbox be filled with junk when you can sort them out.